Founded in 1925, Hardy Realty is the oldest and largest locally-owned real estate firm in Northwest Georgia, providing best-in-class service in residential and commercial real estate for all market segments. Hardy is also the leading property management company in the area, responsible for handling 1,500+ rental properties.
As a technology and marketing-driven company, Hardy offers a comprehensive digital experience including an innovative, user-and mobile-friendly website as well as a strong social media presence. Through our affiliations, including membership in Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, our properties are given extensive exposure to potential buyers on hundreds of real estate websites. No other brokerage in the area offers greater local, national and international exposure for listings than Hardy. In addition to our main office on Martha Berry Blvd., we have satellite offices on Broad Street in the heart of Rome’s thriving downtown and on Main Street in downtown Cedartown. We’re dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients and would welcome the opportunity to work with you.
Wilson Moore Hardy was born on December 21, 1881 in Rome, Georgia. After graduating from Rome Public Schools in 1897, he attended the University of Georgia, where he played "end" for the storied UGA football team. After college, he owned and operated a daily newspaper in Thomasville, Georgia, returning to Rome in 1907 to manage the Herald Tribune, which was a predecessor to the Rome News Tribune. Then, after serving as the President of Citizens Bank for several years, he organized the Hardy Trust Company in 1925. In the years following World War II, the company was renamed Hardy Realty and Development Company. For over 90 years the professional team at Hardy Realty has been deeply ingrained in the Rome and Floyd County community, beginning with Mr. Hardy who, among other activities, was President of the Chamber of Commerce in the 1920s. Following in his footsteps, Jimmy Byars, current CEO/Broker, encourages all Hardy agents to get involved in the community as well. The company that Wilson Hardy founded in 1925 is today the largest independently owned real estate firm in Northwest Georgia, carrying on Mr. Hardy’s legacy and the tradition of trust that he established.
We are fair and compassionate
We are empathetic and open minded
We treat others as we would like to be treated
We value our peers, clients, and community
We always do the right thing
We tell the truth
We take responsibility for our actions
We follow through
We are reliable and dependable
We are passionate about what we do
We are in service to our community
We consistently exceed expectations
We continuously learn and improve personally and professionally
We effectively communicate
We care for, help, and support each other
We listen and value input
We participate and collaborate to achieve results
We celebrate each other’s successes
We have a positive attitude and work environment